Description of Work Package 1.1. objectives
Objectives 2 years’ programme (End 2007)
• To exploit the unique opportunities innovation in terms of political policy and planning presented by a demonstration project of this scale.
• To transform the one-off the benefits demonstration experience into municipal policy, regulation and practice, thus ensuring immediate replication of the results
• To develop specific proposals for the public and private sectors regarding improvements in energy and planning policy including pilot applications within the project. This is a unique possibility of a project of this type with strong political commitment. The main development work will be condensed in a short period of time but incorporation into local policy is slow, thus the extension over time.
• To make the lessons learnt available to others via development of policy guidance notes in thus facilitating mainstream adoption and use of this innovation.
Description of work
• Analysis of the local, regional, national and EU energy and planning policy to identify barriers affecting RES and RUE as a basis to develop solutions to be tested.
• Define changes to planning and policy structures required to enhance energy performance and uptake of RES.
• Develop planning and policy guidance for RUE / RES for future action
• Experiment in Lyon a high level energy specification compulsory Chart applying to public projects and to private projects benefiting from public support, with a first step in housing (year 1) and a further extension to commercial building (year 2)
• Report on the experience in Lyon and on the feasibility of an adaptation of this approach to Zaragoza as well as to other Communities in France and abroad
|Grand Lyon||none||Univ. ZAR (UdZ)|
|Grand Lyon||Béatrice COUTURIERfirstname.lastname@example.org|